Temos launches ‘Quality in International Medical Travel Coordination’ for medical travel service companies that have some years of expertise in medical tourism. FirstMed Services of Germany and Dental Travel of Switzerland are the first to be awarded this certification.German certification specialist Temos has launched ‘Quality in International Medical Travel Coordination’ for medical travel service companies, medical service coordinators, brokers, agencies, and intermediaries.
- References/testimonials from patients including contact data for verification.
- An overview of applicable laws, references and regulations and respective translations to English and evidence on compliance with the regulations.
- References and evidence for insurances, liability, and other applicable legal documents.
- Policy on patient complaint management.
- Published balance sheets of the last two years.
- Evidence for legal registration of the company.
The certification is appropriate for established companies that have been trading and have a some years expertise in medical tourism.
The certification does not intend to replace national and international legislation. The standard relies on and considers national laws as part of the quality criteria. Where national regulation is lacking or allows further interpretation and optimisation the standard defines respective roles and responsibilities aiming at being a standard of best practice and a guideline to ensure high quality service from medical tourism companies, and to support transparency, ethics, patient safety, and continuity of care for medical travellers worldwide.
The first two companies awarded the certification are FirstMed Services of Germany and Dental Travel of Switzerland, both run by Eszter Jopp.The agencies assist dental patients from Germany, Italy, Switzerland and other countries looking for dental treatment in Hungary.